Saturday, November 3, 2012

Tutorial on how to make a collage front of a paper mache book




First  I paint the front of the book.



Then I pick out some vintage papers and glue them to the front
with mod podge.                                                                               


 Then I pick out a fabric to go on top of the paint and paper
(this fabric was for a wedding veil)



 Then I apply mod podge liberally all over the front of the book
(it will look like you ruined it, but just wait until it dries)!



 Voila! After the mod podge dries it will look like this.
Now trim the excess off of the edges.


Add on a trim to go along the left side.   This one seemed to fit perfectly!




Now, add a couple of embellishments


 This flower I used as a knob to open the book with.



Then paint the spline with metallic paints, and WOW,
a masterpiece is on its way!


No comments:

Post a Comment