Saturday, December 8, 2012

 Christmas "Escape"
This is the picture that I have chosen for the front of my Christmas "Escape".  I painted the front of the book box white, then I mod podged the gold netting on first, then the red lace on top of it.

I apply mod podge on the back of the miniature picture then place it on top, and put a weight  on top of it, until it dries.
After it is done drying, cut off the excess, around the edges.  While it is drying, you can pick out your trims, and button or knob to open it with.  
I will probably go with a simple white "bloomers" trim to bring out the images in the picture. (The one on the left).  You can see that the sparkly ones are too much. As soon as it dries, cut off the excess, and glue on your trim.   I decided to put on 2 trims this time.
One tip that I discovered is that if you apply clear nail polish to the ends of the trim, it will keep it from fraying. So here is the finished cover.   I also added a blinged embellishment.  Please comment!



No comments:

Post a Comment