Sunday, January 6, 2013

Tutorial of inside of the "Escape"


Here is the front of the "Escape" that I already put together, I painted a peachy color, then glued on the fabric, the trim and the flower button. Below is a close up of the picture on the  front.   
                                                        
Below is the inside of the "Escape" ready to be painted and decorated.

                                                                       

I painted the inside of the cover "bleached sand."

Then I glued the screen door that I found to the inside of the front cover.

    


Then I added a door handle, and some embellishments.



Then I added a small print of scrapbook paper to the inside.

I was able to find all of the ingredients for a window, like the one in the picture. and I put a picture of clouds underneath the window, even if it is not that visible, it is a window to the outside.

Then I added the window

Here is and overview of what it looks like so far.


This morning I painted the floor, a glossy cream color.  Then added a sofa table, with some treats on it, and I have some ceramic pitchers ordered.  

                          
I have not yet painted all of the book yet, but I like the way it is turning out. It has a very "clean" feel to it.

I used Stewart Gill Meta Mica paint on the spine of the book. I have not yet decided if I want to paint the lines or not.  I am posting as I am working on the book,  so keep checking back to see the progress I am making.

No comments:

Post a Comment